This particular bottling has gotten raving reviews from other tasters and the price on it has been driven up, up and away on auctions...
Below, you can find out if I agree if its really that good...
Bunnahabhain
1979 31yo 46,5%, 1st fill sherry butt#8893 516 bottles, Adelphi
Deep oloroso in colour
Nose:
This one I had been looking forward to… I mean, the color alone on this one – my worst fear was that I could be sulphur tainted – and I did read somewhere it had some struck matches in it… Luckily I was wrong! This smells of amaretto, maybe some kahlua, all sorts of coffee and chocolate notes, just a beautiful nose!
Taste:
The taste is dry – really dry, and no sulphur there either *phew*
It’s one of those desert dry oloroso whiskies that just makes your mouth water like a waterfall to make up for the dryness. Not much Bunna left in this one, I agree – the only Bunna-thing I got was the trademark old Bunna ale notes midway towards the finish. Else, it goes on with clean sherry, chocolates allsorts, coffees, orange liquers.
Absolutely Bunna-licious!
This is certainly a dessert whisky and no need for a piece of chocolate cake after this one – a cracker and beats the DTC bottling by a 1-point margin.
92/100!
No comments:
Post a Comment