Thursday, 20 September 2012

GLEN SCOTIA 1992 - ARCHIVES BATCH 4

Malts from the Glen Scotia Distillery have long had a reputation for being 'not the best out of Campbeltown', though apparently a few good ones have appeared from the SMWS lately. GS often had a reputation for being metallic on the palate and generally not very pleasant, but maybe I'm certainly up for a try on this one...

Rumours says this one is good, so I'm diving right in...

Glen Scotia 1992 20yo xx.02.1992/xx.05.2012, hogshead#08/71, 50,4%, 80 bottles, Archives

Light gold in colour

Nose:
Salty licorice, slightly medicinal, cough syrup style and crushed mint leaves and cinnamon sprinkled apples + a vague metallic and peaty note. Also a little freshly grounded black pepper.

Taste:
Spicy arrival, then a malt avalanche sets in only to be replaced by some sea freshness/briny notes mid palate. Also finding roasted nuts, herbs and oil in here as well. Also maybe a hint of rum in here? Finishes off with more sweet barley and a little peat.

Best G'Scotia I've come across... 85/100!

No comments:

Post a Comment