After my brief rant about Dalmore and their heavy use of e150 in my Wemyss 'Tropical Spice' (which is not coloured - review here), I recently tried a bottle of Dalmore 12 with an Italian tax stamp from around 1970.
I was thinking about both 'OBE' and oxidation upon opening it and I actually think I experienced a bit of both...
Dalmore 12yo 40% (app. 1959 - Italian tax stamp 1970), Distillery bottling
Description: Clear bottle, high bottle neck, smaller base - large screw cap
Light amber
Nose:
Natural caramel, fruit, mineral oil (wet stone?) more fruits after a short oxidation, green grapes?
Later it shows licorice and mint
Taste:
Bitter, drying, fruits again here, mix of sherry and bourbon casks here maybe? Hint of burnt brown sugar and marmelade, slightly herbal too - is there a hint of smoke in here too?
Decent drinkable bottling and very nice notes in it too - sadly, it just fell apart too quickly
77/100!

No comments:
Post a Comment