This is, as announced in the previous review, the 2nd Signatory release exclusively for Denmark this Autumn.
Had a wee nip of this one in the store about a week ago, where it came across as very promising. Back in the comfort of my 4 walls, I tried out the sample I was generously provided with...
Glenrothes 1996 16yo 17.05.1996/06.10.2012 57,5%, Hogshead#715113, 293 bottles, Signatory Vintage Exclusively for Denmark
Full straw in colourNose:
Honeyed and peppery, heavy on malt with an alcohol nip, hint of apple, nutmeg and tangerines - very warming...
Taste:
Medium arrival on spices and barley sugar and malt - very straight forward. Turns a bit drying but never bitter. Oranges and hints of chocolate pops up along with hints of strawberries, licorice root and honey.
I found this one very hard to dissect which I find very intriguing.
This is a great drinking malt - and that's what malts are for, right?
88/100!
Right!!!!
ReplyDelete