Friday, 26 April 2013

GLENLIVET 1993 2.82 'CANDY STORES AND CAROUSELS' - THE SCOTCH MALT WHISKY SOCIETY

Final Glenlivet review this time around will be a bottling only half the age of the previous 2... a 19yo. Now, I've reviewed a good range of bottlings from the SMWS in January and February this year and most have been ranging from good to excellent, so expectations are up a bit with this one as well.

But back to Glenlivet itself... or at least I will be in just over a weeks time for the Spirit of Speyside Spring Festival... and hopefully touring the distillery again this time - it's been a while since I've been around the distillery, even though I've been at the visitors centre a couple of times since my last tour. New this year is a chance to 'bottle your own' at Glenlivet - an 18yo if I remember correctly - but it sure sounds interesting - I just wonder what the price will be - and will it be cask strength? Guess I'll have to wait a little to find that out :-)

Now onto the review...

Glenlivet 1993 2.82 (18.05.1993) 19yo 'Candy stores and Carousels' 54,9%, Refill hogshead, 165 bottles, The Scotch Malt Whisky Society

Colour is full gold

Similar bottle shown

Nose:
Flowery, fresh baking, marzipan, apples and pear, blackberries (not the phone!!) and toffee

Taste:
Brown sugar, tropical fruit - pineapple and coconut as in the 2 previous reviews as well, nutty, toffee, hint of dessert chocolates (After Eights?). Finishes on honey notes and spicy oak and that baked note again.

A delicious expression as well - this one!

87/100!

No comments:

Post a Comment