Looking at the picture below you could tell back then Diageo's not doing anything to the place. Sad, really but hey! I'm a whisky romantic! the black doors, btw, just visible to the right in the picture leads into the old stillhouse - where the 2 stills were still present in 2009. I've had other report saying they're still there today...
Anyway, enough romanticism - I'll get on with my Brora review!
![]() |
| Brora Distillery yard, August 4th 2009 © The Malt Desk |
Colour is straw
Nose:
Flinty, minerals, fruits, oily, mold and yeasty - fresh dough and half baked bread?. Also very floral along of fresh laundry smell
Taste:
Light arrival, then a lovely fruit burst along with barley sugars. The palate then drops after that only to return with a very flora attack, jasmine maybe? a bit soapy even? Also a hint of pistachio nuts in there... Finishes on fruit, honey and a wood/tobacco note.
This dram actually took me some time to get acquainted with. But once I did I enjoyed it, even though its not the best Brora I've had... and finally Thanks to Kalle for the sample!
85/100!

No comments:
Post a Comment