Sitting on the grounds, owned by Wm. Grant & Sons (Glenfiddich/Balvenie/Kininvie) the warehouses are used for maturation of these 3 brands. The remains of the distillery itself is stripped of distilling equipment and will probably never produce again.
![]() |
| Convalmore Distillery outside Dufftown, 26th August 2012 © The Malt Desk |
When I opened this bottle about 3 weeks ago, I wasn't terribly impressed with it.
Now, its become very enjoyable and pleasant drinking whisky and what I feel is a good representative of Convalmore.
Convalmore 1975 (b. 2004) 28yo 46% hogshead#3757, 264 bottles, Dun Bheagan
Colour is straw
Nose:
Boiled fruits with a strawberry edge, as expected a note of old loft/confined space, oak spices, nutmeg, red berrie youghurt, mixed herbs and a whiff of washing up liquid
Taste:
Stale fruit, dirty/dusty feel mid palate and oak. A few drops of water gets the fruity notes going (dried apricot?) pepper and those strawberries again. Some licorice and hint of metal on the finish along with spices, pine resin and a drying edge.
87/100!

No comments:
Post a Comment