Wednesday, 27 November 2013

BUNNAHABHAIN 1980 - SIGNATORY

I've said almost all what can be said about Bunnahabhain at this point, so I'll keep my mouth shut for now - I don't even have a rant for you tonight ;-) ... well, I'll kepp it almost shut - I do have a review for you :-) and a picture that relates to another post of mine about the things that can affect the distillation process. See picture description...

Inside a Bunnahabhain still - May 6th 2011 © The Malt Desk
Bunnahabhain 1980 32yo (28.03.1980/05.12.2012) 51,4%, Refill sherry butt#4390, 478 bottles, Signatory

Colour is straw


Nose:
Initially a hint of sulphur that goes away after a short while (that, or my nose just gets used to it). Then malt (pot ale), citrus, a gingery note and herbal note. Also quite some musty bung cloth in there

Taste:
Grilled (green) veggies (mostly leek and green bell pepper) and surprisingly a more than notiable hint of peat in there too. Goes on with a lovely malty sweetness and soft fruit and melon.

Not the greatest of old Bunnahabhains, but still good...

84/100!

No comments:

Post a Comment