About this blog:

This blog will feature tasting notes, reviews, distillery visits and whisky news with focus mainly on Scottish single malts. This will sometimes be accompanied by politically incorrect (whisky) opinions. You have now been warned! :-)
The views expressed here are entirely my own, unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, 24 May 2015

THE MALT DESK TURNS 3

Its now been almost 4 weeks since my last post.

Why? Well, those of you that follow The Malt Desk on Facebook will have noticed I've spent much of that time in Scotland - 2 of those weeks, in fact - starting the tour by attending the Spirit of Speyside Festival and the moving on to Ardnamurchan, Campbeltown, Arran and finally Islay... and what a great trip it has been... there have been lots of good whisky in good company.

A big thanks to the 5 guys who also attended - you know who you are :-)

About a week after I returned from Scotland, The Malt Desk also turned 3 years old and although this has not been celebrated yet (online, at least!)  whisky has been had - don't worry :-) !




Where will The Malt Desk head from here, I hear you ask?

Not quite sure, actually... there's movements and trends in the whisky industry which I find... not very appealing - and the same thing can be said about trends on the edge of the industry - like the bottle hunters currently at large at the Islay Feis Ile 2015 at the moment - selling their bottlings on FleaBay (read: Ebay) the moment they get their hands on a bottle. I know this has been going on for years, but now there's more and more people just into whisky just because of a quick profit and I find this VERY sad!

Anyway, I'll keep reviews going on a regular basis along with the occasional report and rant - and then we just have to see where we end up, don't we? :-)

If you want to keep up, be sure to follow The Malt Desk on Twitter (@themaltdesk) and on Facebook. There's some pictures on there from the recent trip to Scotland to be enjoyed :-)

Oh, and finally - Don't worry! I won't be removing the age statement from my blog, even though its only 3 years old ;-)

/claus

No comments:

Post a Comment