Saturday, 25 August 2012

JAPANESE WHISKY SPECIAL - YAMAZAKI NAS SHERRY CASK - DISTILLERY BOTTLING

Lets try another Yamazaki - this time a heavily sherried expression, but also one without an age statement.

Yamazaki NAS, 48%, Suntory

Colour: Deep Oloroso

Nose:
Hints of a pair of new trainers (rubbery). Flowery notes, then whiff of walking into a Starbucks -  a coffee and berry muffins feel to it. Also a bit of ranchio meatiness - then prunes and dark chocolate and high end tawny port. Just delicious!

Taste:
Mortlach style for sure, heavy hint of natural spirit sulphur style.
Sweet raisins, dried meats and heavy chocolate/coffee in cappucino style sprinkled with chocolates again... Coffee grinds for sure in the aftertaste!

I like this! Though £125 for a NAS bottling is over the top.

89/100!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Review Claus! I liked the 12 Y, especially the Wood component. I' m trying to get a sample of the 18.
    Have a nice weekend
    Jan

    ReplyDelete