The boys at Whiskybase.com have a few new bottlings out. I'll be giving them a try over the next short while...
First up is another Littlemill - their third! Good job, boys - getting a closed lowlander out to us!
I'm not going to linger on the intro here, instead I'll get right to it.
Littlemill 1992 20yo (xx.02.1992/xx.11.2012) 54,8%, ex-bourbon hogshead#44, 339 bottles, Archives
Colour is full straw
Nose:
First a few mashy notes then overripe tropical fruits - mango, honey melon and peach. Newly sawed wood, lemons and sugary malt and a vague hint of varnish.
Taste:
Heavy and creamy malt, citrus fruits, vanilla and honey - more melon...
Water brings out peppery oak along with even more vanilla. Pretty fresh and lively when its also this heavy on the malt!
Great stuff, I think! Best Littlemill I've had.
Oh, and if you're interested in getting one, it's still available here
90/100!
No comments:
Post a Comment