Friday, 8 June 2012

7 WHISKIES BOTTLED BY ADELPHI - PART V

Fascadale 10yo 46%, batch 2, 3746 bottles, Adelphi

An undisclosed Talisker

Nose:
Pale straw in colour with salty oaky tang, peat comes in a short wave after that, then briny and few sweet notes in the background.

Taste:
Light peat comes through along with salt and oak on a citric background, but the whole think seems a bit aneamic to me. Some oils does give this one an impressive aftertaste of salt and peat. I cant help to wonder what this would be like at 50%?

Anyways, a good lightly peated everyday dram! 82/100!


Finally, I'd should mention that batch 3 of the Fascadale will see its content switched from Talisker to Highland Park.

For my Danish readers, I should add that the Fascadale batch 3 will sadly not hit the Danish shelves, though it can be sourced in Denmark but under a different (custom) label. If interested, drop me an email and I'll point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment