About this blog:

This blog will feature tasting notes, reviews, distillery visits and whisky news with focus mainly on Scottish single malts. This will sometimes be accompanied by politically incorrect (whisky) opinions. You have now been warned! :-)
The views expressed here are entirely my own, unless otherwise stated.

Friday, 8 June 2012

7 WHISKIES BOTTLED BY ADELPHI - PART V

Fascadale 10yo 46%, batch 2, 3746 bottles, Adelphi

An undisclosed Talisker

Nose:
Pale straw in colour with salty oaky tang, peat comes in a short wave after that, then briny and few sweet notes in the background.

Taste:
Light peat comes through along with salt and oak on a citric background, but the whole think seems a bit aneamic to me. Some oils does give this one an impressive aftertaste of salt and peat. I cant help to wonder what this would be like at 50%?

Anyways, a good lightly peated everyday dram! 82/100!


Finally, I'd should mention that batch 3 of the Fascadale will see its content switched from Talisker to Highland Park.

For my Danish readers, I should add that the Fascadale batch 3 will sadly not hit the Danish shelves, though it can be sourced in Denmark but under a different (custom) label. If interested, drop me an email and I'll point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment