About this blog:

This blog will feature tasting notes, reviews, distillery visits and whisky news with focus mainly on Scottish single malts. This will sometimes be accompanied by politically incorrect (whisky) opinions. You have now been warned! :-)
The views expressed here are entirely my own, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

LINKWOOD 15YO - GORDON & MACPHAIL

Not had much Linkwood over the years, actually, and the ones I've had has been forgettable, IMO... except an Adelphi 1984 expression reviewed here and a 18yo dark sherry expression from A.D. Rattray not reviewed on this blog.

Having spent so much time in Speyside its really not OK not to have swung by Linkwood on the outskirts of Elgin... Must remember to do that the next time I'm in the area, though I think 'my places'-check list is starting to grow and I will probably need more than 1 trip - Well, I know I do... ;-)

I'm not gonna bore you with trivia about the distillery itself - you can read about that here.


Linkwood Distillery Pagoda - picture from Wikipedia Public lib
Time for the review...

Linkwood 15yo, 43%, Gordon & MacPhail, print on bottle 31/01/12 AB/JJDI

Colour is amber

Nose:
Dried fruit and cinnamon spice, orange chocolate, hint of something floral, polished hardwood and dark raspberries

Taste:
Gentle creamy arrival on very balanced oak, sherry and malt. After that some honey, fruit and caramel. Moves on to deliver a peppery/spicy burst, old cigar box and Xmas spices - cloves maybe? Finish is little dull and very slightly drying, but not enough to ruin the image of a very nice malt! Rum drinkers can start here...

86/100! ...and thanks to SSS for the sample

No comments:

Post a Comment