The distillery here is Willett. As with many US whiskies, the Noah's Mill brand is a part Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, which again is a part of Willett. Confusing?? have a look here for more on their umbrella of products. Also Wikipedia carries a page about KBD, it can be found here.
This company makeup is also the same with almost all of the other producers as well.
I remember trying this a few years ago (a different batch, of course) and thinking it was very good so I looked forward to revisiting the brand again.
![]() |
| Willett Distillery, Bardstown, Kentucky - picture from Willett website. |
Here's my take on it:
Noah's Mill 57,15%. batch 12.68, Kentucky Bourbon Distillers (Willett)Colour is mahogany
Nose:
Chocolate cake creme, dark fruits, prunes, wet oak, veggie oils, wet newspaper, burnt sugars
Taste:
Surprising light and creamy arrival in spite of the 57,15% abv...
Oranges, brown sugar, hint of English breakfast tea, spicy and peppery, mint, raspberry, nutmeg and clove, burnt sugar and very drying on the finish
Very good, I think... but not as good as the one I remember having a while back.
This is also a 15yo Bourbon which is not so often seen, as you should think 15 years in a new oak barrel would make the cask the over completely.
81/100!

No peanuts there? I remember a strong peanut taste, someone else found cashews there. If you have a chance try one of Wilett's single barrel bourbons, they are uniformly exceptional.
ReplyDeleteHi Florin,
ReplyDeleteI didn't get any nutty notes in it
I normally have no trouble picking up nutty notes in i.e. Scotches, but didn't get anything here... maybe it you tried anotherbatch where nuts were dominant?