I don't know why, but the darker and colder months always brings out the smoke gene in me, and its in these months I drink most of my peated whiskies and I often wonder if others have the same way?
If you do, please comment below the review - thank you!
Now, I've reviewed 8 Bunnahabhains already on here - and I think I've mentioned this before - but Bunnahabhain is really a (still hidden?) gem. Especially the older stuff!
This time I'll be trying a bottling from London based wine & spirits merchant, Berry Bros. & Rudd. I've had mixed experiences with them, though mostly good...
Bunnahabhain 1990 21yo 53,1%, refill sherry butt#18, 616 bottles, Berry Bros & Rudd
Colour is deep mahogany
Nose:
Heavy, oranges, mint, (diesel?) oil, pine, tea and pipe tobacco
Taste:
Some rubbery notes and hints of sulphur, dry oloroso sherry, a small hint of smoke and a little spicy oak. Prunes and raisins and earthen floors. Goes herbal with water and gets very spicy, finishing on pepper and oak.
A good Bunnahabhain that I think will benefit from oxidation... still its not all the way up there..
84/100!
No comments:
Post a Comment