Friday, 27 July 2012

IMPERIAL 1995 - ARCHIVES BATCH 3

Not long ago, I did a review of another Imperial from 1995 - a Signatory bottling exclusively for Denmark, which was an excellent dram!

Now, I get to compare it with another 1995 single cask, which I think is very interesting.
If you want to compare notes on the 2, you can find the other one here

Imperial 1995 16yo xx.95.1995/xx.04.2012 ex-bourbon cask#50035, 51,7%, Archives

Full straw in colour

Nose:
Initially a heavy sweet note that leads the thoughts towards Rum. Then melon skins and damp cold storage fruits and a hint of red berries in the background. Freshly squeezed lemons...

Taste:
Spices, fruits, hints of mint and some natural caramel. A relative short finish on nice gentle oak and malt. After some time I get those freshly squeezed lemons again this time also with grassy notes wrapped in grist. Very nice!

87/100!

No comments:

Post a Comment